Friday, January 29, 2010

Snowed In

Snowing here in Knoxville. The weather threw a giant wrench into my weekend plans. I had planned on going home to Chattanooga, but got a call from my mother saying that the weather had gotten pretty bad at home and strongly advised that I stay in Knoxville.

Mother knows best, right?

To make matters worse, it seems all of my friends are already home, so I'm sitting here in an empty dorm suite with absolutely nothing to do.

But am I gonna let that get me down? NO!

My new Celtic Woman CD came in today, and I must tell you, the past week and a half have been a resurgence of love and excitement for the 5 ladies from the Emerald Isle. First of all, their new CD/DVD, Songs from the Heart, came out a few days ago, so I've been itching to get my hands on them. My CD was delivered to my dorm today. My DVD has also arrived....but it's at home, because my mother had bought it as a birthday present (thank you, weather).

I've been surfing youtube again, watching behind the scenes footage of the new CW special. It's really exciting, because this is the first time you really see the real girls of CW. You see their laughter, their pranks (Lynn stealing the golf cart), their mishaps (Mairead getting locked in her trailer), their gentle annoyances (Chloe: -getting her makeup done- Come back in 20 minutes and I'll stare into your camera all you want), as well as all of the wonderful things long since confirmed by my meeting them, such as their wonderful hearts and personalities.

The goodness that comes from CW is almost like a natural element like fire, water, earth, and wind. Such an element makes me long all the harder to see Ireland and its beautiful splendor. Friends of mine have advised me to go with Tenon Tours over Paddywagon Tours (if you don't know what I'm talking about, look two posts ago). I think I agree with them. I like the idea of living in the great accommodations as I make my way through the Emerald Isle, and I also like being able to have the freedom of being able to explore by myself throughout Ireland. If a group wants to go to the Jameson Distillery, but I want to go to the Guinness Brewery, so be it (the use of alcoholic landmarks in Ireland has no almost no correlation to my plans in Ireland).

My funds have passed the $1,500 mark - halfway to acquiring the necessary funds to go to Ireland. Mother doesn't think that I'll have enough to go by the end of the summer. I hope to prove her wrong...but I'll probably need a lot of help along the way.

Le gra.

1 comment:

  1. You'll get there, Im sorry haventbeen around on msn latey. Z broke up wth me so things have been hellish, I catsay that on facebook cause I cant tell my NAn yet and shes on facebook.
    All my love,Holly.

    ReplyDelete